Even those who aren’t interested in woodworking can have a sander because it is easy to use.
When trying to select the best random orbital sander for your woodworking projects, it is very important to review a variety of many factors. With this you can perform all the tasks quickly and efficiently. For that reason, operational features such as starting speed, variable or fixed orbital speed options, disc size compatibility, and motor power should be taken into account.
Factors such as vibration rate, grip handle style and material, and the ease of use and become intrinsic make it your choice.
A word about sanders
All of the sanders rated there are random orbit types with a circular pad measuring 5 or 6 inches in diameter. Random orbit means that the pad doesn’t rotate along a central axis, like a wheel in a disc sander. Instead, the pad rotates and swings in a random motion. This also reduces the chance of leaving marks on the surface, and allows you to move the sander throughout and with the grain.
Orbital sanders moves in a static orbital motion on a square pad. This sand is slower and less aggressive than a random-orbital sander, but they have the major advantage of sanding the corners. This can’t do by a random – orbiting machine.
- Bosch ROS20VSC Random Orbital Sander: Overall Excellent
There is no doubt that this is one of the best sanders. This includes the following features:
- 5 amp motor capable of varying between 7,500 and 12,000 orbits per minute.
- Features like Bosch’s pad breaking and hook tight systems combine to offer unnecessary marks for free of swirl
- Twist-off dust canister easily separates and integrates with the microfilter system to keep your workspace dust free.
- 5-inch disc size.
- Festool 575074 150 RO FEQ Rotex Sander
Coming from the Festool, Rotex RO 150 is an orbit designed to deal with simultaneous, tough work. It is a heavy-duty power tool that can capable of carrying out refined woodworking. Why choose a sander for every job when there’s something that can handle it all?
- Dual mode sanding features has a variety of power modes that can switch between coarser and fine function for maximum adaptability to all your woodworking tasks.
- The fastfix toolless backing pad change system and step-less by variable speed control make it easy to switch between jobs.
- The Jetstream dust extraction system removes dust from your work surface as quickly as it creates it.
- 6-inch disc size.
This Ridgid random orbit sander, model R2601, was one of the first ‘real’ power tool.