A tent is a temporary shelter with sheets of fabric or other materials. It is attaching to the poles of frame or rope. These are first used as houses by nomads. But, now tents are more often used for recreational camping and as temporary shelters. This is a movable, and lightweight shelter.
Uses of tents
Tents are generally used as shelters during camps, hiking, and other outdoor recreation activities. Tents serve as temporary lodgings for weddings and circuses. These are also used for military personnel to stay, sleep for the homeless, or for temporary shelter for the displaced people. Tents are also used as
- overhead shelter for backyard parties,
- major corporate events,
- excavation (construction) covers, and
- industrial shelters.
Tents are widespread used by nomadic people around the world, such as native Americans, Tibetan nomads, and others.
Countries all over the world have used their country’s forces as part of their working life since ancient times. Tents set by the military has preferred for its rapid setting compared to other tents. The Department of Defense has strict rules about tent quality and tent specifications. The modern tent, now built by the U.S. military, is called DRASH. It is a collapsible tent with provisions for air conditioning and heating.
Over time, people all over the world began to use their signs to express their opposition. The tent has been used since 2011 as a symbol of the Occupy movement. This is the first international protest movement against economic and inequality. Occupy protesters use tents to build camps in public areas.
Emergency tents have used as shelters during times of war, earthquake, and fire. Canvas tents are the primary choice during such emergencies. This is because cotton canvas tents are perfect for servicing purpose. Sometimes, temporary shelters become a permanent or semi-permanent home. These are especially helpful for refugee camps and slum dwellers.
Other uses of tents
- Protects you from wildlife if you’re camping
- Provides cover from the wind and rain
- Frame tents can be used as a more room or extension to your home
- They provide flexibility when camping or climbing mountains or cycling.
- Heimplanet tents protect you from mosquitoes, gnats, and other biting insects while sleeping
- Children use tents to camp in the garden
- Tents are an inexpensive form of sleeping accommodation and are a portable one.
Tents thus serve us in many ways.